Getting to know each other #5Posted: April 27, 2016
Thank you to Austin (T Minus Zero) for choosing me for the chain style Liebster Award. The way it works is, if you’re chosen, you then choose a bunch of other blogs you like, and it branches out from there. I imagine the pattern of these awards swirling, dead-ending, and splintering/multiplying, over time, forever and ever. It’s a great opportunity to find out about other blogs and connect with one another.
I have a tendency to not follow the rules completely, but if I choose your blog and you would like to follow rules, here they are:
1. Thank the blogger who nominated you.
2. Answer the 11 questions the blogger gives you.
3. Nominate bloggers who you think are deserving of the award but also help promote newer bloggers with less followers.
4. Tell the bloggers you nominated them, in a comment on their blog.
5. Give them 11 questions of your own.
I’m going to do a conglomeration of questions that were posed, on a couple of blogs. If I choose your blog, you can answer these same questions, and/or come up with your own:
- What was your first thought when you woke up this morning? “I’m going to sleep longer.” Then, woke up again, and again, “I’m going to sleep longer.” Over and over again. I slept 11 hours. Like usual.
- Why did you start this blog? To connect with other people, to have a record of a time in my life.
- Boxers or briefs? Boxer-briefs.
- What’s your favorite Prince song? Uptown. I usually don’t think too much about lyrics, but I love these:
Baby didn’t say too much
She said, “Are you gay?”
Kinda took me by surprise, I didn’t know what to do
I just looked her in her eyes and I said, “no, are you?”
Said to myself, said
“She’s just a crazy, crazy, crazy little mixed up dame
She’s just a victim of society and all its games”
Now where I come from
We don’t let society tell us how it’s supposed to be
Our clothes, our hair, we don’t care
It’s all about being there
FYI: Stevie Wonder’s favorite Prince song? – Darling Nikki
- What makes you smile?
Finding something that I really like for a really good deal, and then buying lots of it, so I have some in reserves.
- What important values do you live by?
Everything in moderation, avoid debt, help others when you have energy and it feels good (otherwise don’t worry about it), try to leave a record of things that are important, connecting with people is one of the most worthwhile things to put energy into (even if it’s often hard), just do your thing.
- Who do you credit with instilling those values?
My spouse, my mom, my buddy, my therapist, Hugh Cornwell.
- What goals do you have for the rest of 2016?
Get through top surgery, get some much needed electrical work done on our house, take a couple of summer trips, go camping in the fall, start using intro and outro music on my radio show.Now check out these awesome blogs!Dear Cis People
Let’s keep this snowballing!