A couple of chain-style blogging awards are currently circulating, and I’m gonna go ahead and take part! Thank you to Something Queer To Read, Tangled Web, and Because I’m Fabulous for including me! These community driven awards are super important because they help us connect to more blogs we might not yet know about, and they allow blog writers to step outside of their usual modes and share a little bit more about themselves.
So, adapted “rules” for the Lovely / Very Inspiring Blog award:
– Link to and thank the blog writer(s) who included you.
– Write a few facts about yourself. Maybe 4, maybe 7, maybe 10…
– Move things forward by including a few blog writers you really enjoy. Anywhere from 5 to 15.
– Make sure you let these blog writers know!
This time around, I’m going to point to (in no real order):
A Feminist Challenging Transphobia
The Brighter Side of the Moon
Today I Am A Man
Captain Glitter Toes
And finally, a couple of things you might not have known about me:
– I live 5 miles away from my parents. I live 5,000 miles away from my brother.
– I love beverages of all different kinds: especially coffee, tea, beer, fancy sodas, kombucha. I like trying new types! (I really should remember to drink more water.)
– When I was 17, I spent 3 weeks in a psychiatric hospital. I know I’ve mentioned it before, and although I don’t highlight it often in my writing, this episode greatly shaped where I’m coming from and how I write about my experiences.
– I’ve been a vegetarian for about 12 years. There was a brief foray into eating fish somewhere at the midway point. That didn’t last long. It felt weird. From time to time, I think about re-introducing fish into my diet, but I just can’t seem to do it.
Until next time (Getting to know each other #3)…
Thank you to tsoi hawk and rimonim for including me in the Liebster Awards. This award uses a chain-mail technique in order to connect more writers together and create an opportunity to get to know each other a little better. Many of us write continuously, sometimes constantly about one or two topics, and we never really get a sense of who the author is!
I was stalling for a while about this post, because while I love the spirit of this award, I do not love the pressure and obligation to follow the rules and not break the chain! I am a notorious chain breaker. You wanted to send me a recipe/list of books/favorite quote/etc. and a list of 6 more people to forward my own recipe/books/quotes/etc. on to? Bad choice; those people never saw anything about it! But I figured, why not try this one, even if I don’t follow everything we’re supposed to do.
So, here’s a modified version, I guess.
Some blogs I’ve really been enjoying lately:
And a favorite blog, that, sadly, appears to now be an archive:
If I linked to your blog, and you wanna follow all the rules, click here for more info about the Liebster Award. If you don’t wanna do it at all, that’s OK too.
Some random facts about me:
– I know all of Tom Petty’s greatest hits by heart. This is not indicative of my musical tastes. I just had the cassette tape growing up. (I do still love it.)
– What’s on my iPod right now: albums by Bauhaus, Daft Punk, DJ Shadow, Maps, RJD2, Skinny Puppy, Sleigh Bells, The Roots, Wolf Parade. This is slightly more indicative of my musical tastes. I listen to my iPod every single work-day, for probably 4-6 hours.
– I’m going to hear back in a couple of weeks whether my proposal for a radio show will be accepted. I’ll most likely be a radio DJ starting this fall!
– One of my favorite pastimes is brewing kombucha.
It is a delicious, healthy alternative to soda. It is awesome! You can buy it in stores, but it is $$$. You can make it at home for super super cheap. It’s basically just black tea (or any tea, but black is best) and processed, white sugar. Plus the weird flesh-colored disk called a Symbiotic Colony Of Bacteria and Yeast (SCOBY). You have to acquire one of those.
– We have a pet dwarf rabbit named Grey Bunny. She is 12 years old!
That’s about all I got for right now.